To date, 2-line glider technologies have been only used in advanced or competition gliders. With the Volt 4, AirDesign brings the benefits of the 2-liner to another level for pilots. With the passive safety of the EN-C class, the Volt in 2-liner form brings you another level of performance with a new style of piloting. A far more stable leading edge will push you to use the bar even more, with a level of comfort, safety, and confidence not known in the 3-line evolution. . Being a reliable glider for all conditions, now accompanied with even more performance, highest top speed, rock-solid stability and agile handling characteristics.
From the Designer
“For every AD wing, we use a claim and a hashtag. For the Volt 4, we chose to stick to Electrifying performance and #speedmachine because it suits this fourth-generation so well! It took us several years of development to finally design a package that fulfills our own requirements within the EN-C category. It’s not only the allowance to use folding lines in the EN-C-Class that made it possible to certify the Volt 4 in that category – there is much more than this to make a good EN-C glider. We are rather looking at the pilot demands and then trying to make the glider follow them. Fulfilling the norm is just the final act.”
The Volt 4 is certified EN-C and is aimed at the same type of pilots as its predecessors, with a major innovation: it’s a two-liner construction!
– Double coated Skytex, doubled seams and etching tape on edges: robustness is the key
– Unsheathed but color-coded lines (Aramid, Edelrid 8000U)
– The Volt 4 is delivered with 12mm aramid risers as standard. Superlight Dyneema risers available upon request
– Full chord Nitinol rods not only saving weight and increasing robustness, but also allowing a super compact folding
– Seamless razor edge trailing edge: all seams are internal for a cleaner surface
12mm Aramid Compact Riser Set
Optional Dyneema Braid Riser Set