Lois pulled back her hair and readjusted her headphones. Billie Eilish was whispering in her ears “I’m the bad guy”..
She waited for the end of the song then began to read aloud:
“Its name was LiVi. It could’ve been Livy, and the idea of sounding like Poison Ivy, the beautiful but poisonous Batman’s foe, was tempting. But they had chosen LiVi for Light Vivo. Of course. It was the light version of the latter, not its dark side. Oh wait, that was tempting too”. Lois interrupted herself.
Being the bad guy, the big bad wolf, the villain. “Break your own rules” they said. For sure, she could’ve listed its numerous qualities: exemplary take-off, great feeling in thermal, and excellent glide ratio.
But the LiVi was more than the sum of its attributes. It’s got personality. By the way, Lois wondered: “why do people always remember the bad guys in the movies?” The LiVi definitively should be the one to be remembered. So, its pilot had better live extraordinary adventures with it, because it is the kind of glider that totally deserves it! To live the high life. Absorbing the first rays of the sun, exploring wild lands, and admiring sunsets.
Living fully. That’s what this fantastic wing, both lightweight and compact, was meant for.
Finally, having discovered that Livy was also the name of a historian of ancient Rome, Lois was happy that they had named it LiVi instead. With its own name, this mid-B glider will be the one to remember.
LiVi – The one and only
The rays of the sun caressed her face which lit up with a smile. Her chaotic start of the day was totally behind her. She took the direction of the LZ, pushed the speed-bar, and then made some wingovers. Alice forgot about the cat’s claws, the burnt toasts and the wet socks.
“Thank you Vivo” she whispered then she began to sing “Oh, it’s such a perfect day, I’m glad I spent it with you…”
How to describe the LiVi…
…in one word?
…in one image?
A pilot, standing hands on hips, looking at the valley like a superhero watching over his city, after reaching a takeoff accessible only on foot.
…in one dream?
Your first bivouac flight, right behind the house! an adventure in which you are the hero!
…in one 2 words?
…in one image?
Following the course of the sun to fly some distance
…in one dream?
A summer trip exploring new areas in full confidence, the Vivo 2 is perfect for it!
Did you know?
The construction of the LiVi includes a new super light fabric. After several years of tests, we’ve decided to use the Dominico 10DSF for top and bottom surface, with a wise selection of coating sides.
– New nose guard patches on the leading edge: robustness is the key!
– Use of Nitinol rods to save weight and ensure compact folding.
– Dominico 10DSF for top and bottom surface.
– Thinner, all unsheathed but colored lines (Aramid, Edelrid 8001U).
– Saving 800 to 1000g over the already semi-light Vivo 2 and even smaller pack size.
– On the leading edge, ground attachment loops help to prevent the paraglider from slipping on a steep and/or slippery slope (snow).
Technical Data & Colours
• Top Sail: Dominico DOKDO-10DSF double coated 25 g/m2
• Bottom Sail: Dominico DOKDO-10DSF double coated 25 g/m2
• Ribs: Dominico DOKDO-204432FM / Skytex 27 hard
• Top lines: Edelrid 8001/U-070, 090
• Middle Lines: Edelrid 8001/U-130
• Main Lines: Edelrid 8001/U-190,230,280
Risers: 12mm Aramid
Maillons: 4.3mm JOO-TECH/Korea
CROSS SHARK NOSE
NOSE GUARD PATCHES
MINI-RIBS WITH FULL INTERNAL SEAMS
UNSHEATHED COLORED LINES
12mm ARAMID RISERS
SUPERLIGHT BREAK HANDLES
BS PULLEY CONNECTOR
How do you pack the new 50/50 Airpack? Here’s a short video for you: